Monday, July 30, 2012
To Sleep or Not To Sleep...That is the ??
Lately Kaden has been doing this every other day nap thing. I hope this is not a glimpse of what my future looks like. I know that at certain ages kids start to nap less and less and some kids don't nap at all by his age. I am praying he is not one of those kids. Both of my children usually nap at the same time which works out great for me because I get some free time to do whatever I want. Lately I have gotten into watching the older re-runs of Grey's Anatomy from 1pm to 4pm which is when my kiddos are napping. Sometimes I am actually able to fall asleep and take a little cat nap myself. The time to myself is much needed and I am not sure if I am ready to give it up just yet. On the days that Kaden does not nap, he stays in his room and quietly plays with his books so I am still able to get some time to myself. The only problem with him not napping is that he gets really cranky in the early evening hours. He gets very hyper and does not listen well when we tell him to stop doing something he should not be doing. It wouldn't be such a big deal that he doesn't nap if he would behave later on. I hope that with school starting back up in a few weeks he will be more tired in the afternoons from all the playtime and fun he will be having at school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Right now it is 5pm and he is just now going down for a nap. I know I could have kept him up and just put him down earlier then usual tonight but I really don't want to have a crank little boy who then makes his sister cranky which makes daddy cranky which makes mommy cranky! Maybe tomorrow nap time will be easier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.