Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Fun Day

We spent another beautiful summer day outside today. Last night before going to bed I filled an aluminum pan with water and tossed in some plastic creepy crawlies and then stuck it in the freezer. This morning when we woke up and had our breakfast we all got our play clothes on and sunscreen and headed outside. I took the frozen "bug water" out of the freezer and got the kids some toy hammers so they could hammer the bugs out of the water. Kaden LOVED this. He spent about an hour pounding the bugs out of the ice. Karsyn couldn't hit the ice hard enough to free the bugs so instead she licked the ice. Kaden would eat the broken pieces of ice. Needless to say this is a perfect hot summer day activity and will keep my tiny tots busy for a good amount of time.



My in laws came over for lunch. They are leaving to go out of town for a few weeks and wanted to say goodbye to the kids and us. After we had lunch we put the kids down for a nap. I spent that time outside in the front yard cutting back some of our rose bushes. We had not trimmed them in a while and by the time I was done I could barely feel my hands and arms. I must have used muscles that I never use. I am pretty sure I will be sore tomorrow. I made Kevin put the branches in the garbage for me. There was quite a bit of branches.

When the kids woke up we made and then ate dinner. After dinner I made bath paint for the kids to play with during their tubby. I used the short recipe, shaving cream and food coloring. The kids had a blast. This is not an activity for the OCD moms out there. Things got really messy! We let them play in the bath without the water in it first and then when they were all done we rinsed everything off and bathed them. I didn't realize that Karsyn had pulled the spoon that I used to mix the food coloring and shaving cream out of the mixture. She stuck a huge glob of it in her mouth. She made a really funny face after swallowing it. She didn't try to eat anymore after that. I was just worried she was going to throw up. Both kids ended up with bath paint all over the tub and their bodies. Although they had a lot of fun and it was a lot of fun watching them, this activity will be one we do every once in a while. It was a lot of work to clean. After they got into their jammies Kaden curled up on the couch and watched The Sword In The Stone and Karsyn and I got in my bed and ate a whole entire tub (small tub) of ice cream. Okay most of it I ate but hey I have an excuse, I worked hard today.

Enjoy some pictures from our Sunday Fun Day!

Kaden hammering the ice

Karsyn playing with the bugs

Karsyn licking the ice

Pool Time

They love the slide

We have Hummingbirds and I just got a feeder up

Bath Paint

Little Picasso's

wearing her paint

wearing his paint and having a blast doing it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.