There are a lot of runners in my family. My mom and dad both run, two of my uncles run, and my husband runs. As for me, I do NOT run. I don't have the patience nor do I have the passion for it like the folks mentioned above. Now that Kaden is getting older and becoming of age to start getting involved in sports, Kevin and I now have the difficult task of choosing which sports we would like to get him into. I am not to keen on football it is too much of a contact sport for my motherly liking. He is still a bit too young for soccer and wee ball this year. We tried gymnastics several months ago and it really didn't keep his attention so we didn't pick it back up. A few weeks ago I bumped into the lady who was my anesthesiologist when I had my c-section with Karsyn. I had not seen her since that day but I remembered her name and her face. We became friends on facebook and she invited me to a group that she created for Tally Moms. Here is the link for those of you in town who are interested in it
Tally Moms Stay Connected. It is a site for moms and dads or any caregivers to post events or activities related to kids and families. On this site I found out about the
2012 Summer Youth Track Series. It is an eight week series for kids of all ages. It is open to the public and is held at Maclay School. There is no registration fee. There is only one more week left and that is next week. We came in at the very end but we for sure plan on doing this again next year. Kaden had a blast. We let him do the 40 yard dash and the 100 meter dash. He did very well on both events. I was not sure if we would have to direct him back onto the track or if he would do it all by himself. To my amazement he did it all by himself. Kevin was with him at the starting line and I was waiting for him at the finish line. Kevin told him to just run to mommy and that is exactly what he did. I was so proud. He had a huge smile on his face the whole time he was running. At the finish line they have people passing out ribbons to all the runners. It was a great time for all of us. We plan on going next week for the last one of the summer. Kaden is still raving about his running. Although his mama may not be a runner I know his daddy sure is a happy camper and would love nothing more for him to be a runner. This is a sport I would be just fine with him doing and LOVING!
 |
| starting line with daddy |
 |
| Way to go Kaden |
 |
| Look at that happy face |
 |
| Cheesin it with Mimi and his ribbon |
 |
| I could not be more proud of my boy |
 |
| Our little runner |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.