Sorry I forgot to post the two recipes I made for the 4th of July. They both were delish! The dessert recipe was simple and there was no baking involved. I would suggest with the mac and cheese you allow yourself enough time because it was a slight process!
Martha Stewart Perfect Mac and Cheese
No Bake Oreo Dessert
In other news, TGIF!!! The kids and I pretty much stayed home today. We ventured out once to go pick up lunch at Chick Fil La. I got my usual #5 8 pack with a coke and chick fil la sauce and the kids got a 4 count kids meal with chocolate milk and fruit instead of the fries. Typically the kids don't finish what they get and it goes to waste. Sometimes I don't even know why we buy them food in the first place. Today they both must have been going through a growth spurt. Karsyn ate 3 of the 4 nuggets and hers and Kaden's mandarin oranges and some grapes. Kaden ate all his nuggets plus the one from Karsyn's meal, ALL of the fruit from both meals, some of my fries, and he drank all of his milk. I was impressed. Kaden is my picky eater. He picks when he wants to eat and when he doesn't! Karsyn is my little pig. She will eat anything and everything at anytime. She must have still been a little full after her nap because she threw up a tiny bit when I gave her some juice. After lunch I put the kids down for a nap and I got a little laundry started. I HATE laundry! I still have about 3 loads of clean laundry on the floor by my bed waiting to be folded (by whom, I am not quite sure). I then spent the rest of my relaxation time on my dearest friend Pinterest! I am trying to do a craft project AT LEAST once a month. I found which one I wanted to do and planned all the stuff I needed to get. By the time I was done prepareing the kids were awake. I needed to drop a few things off at my in laws so I packed the kids up inthe car and we traveled to the other side of town to go see Memaw and PopPop (okay I lied, I ventured out twice today). Kevin called me while I was on the way over to tell me he was on his way home. I decided since I would have the kids out of the house, he needed to vaccum. We stayed for about an hour at my in laws. When I got home the house smelled and looked wonderful. I have such a great hubby who cleans the house when I am not home! I was really anxious to start my project so I told Kevin I was going to Micheal's Craft Store to pick up my supplies. As I was walking out the door, Karsyn followed me crying. It was so sad to hear so I packed up my little shopping buddy and we took off. I knew what I needed at the store so I was pretty much in and out. Unfortunetaly they did not have the nails I needed so I had to make an extra trip to Lowes. By 8pm we were headed home for good, supplies in tow! We got the kids bathed and put to bed and I started the first part of my project. The paint has to dry before I can finish it. I will hopefully have it finished and looking good so I can blog about it tomorrow! Right now it's off to bed for this mama!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.