Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What A Difference A Day Makes

Yesterday and even the past few days have been a lot of fun. We have been doing a lot of activities indoor and outdoor. The kids have been enjoying themselves, I have been enjoying myself and when Kevin gets home from work he has been enjoying himself. To update a little on our day yesterday seeing as how I did not blog about it. Well yesterday afternoon a storm came through. Typically our side of town does not see much when there are storm warnings. We get a little bit of wind and some rain but nothing to really panic about. Yesterday however, I swear a tornado hit our neighborhood. I could hear the thunder starting to get closer and so I went to check on both babies who at the time were taking naps. Karsyn was starting to stir and Kaden was actually awake laying in his bed. I figured I would bring them both into my room and we could cuddle on my bed and watch the weather report. I went to get Kaden first and as I was coming out of his room the lights started to flicker and then finally went out, the walls at this point were shaking and the wind outside was blowing the rain so hard that I could not even see through it. I was TERRIFIED. I am already a wimp when it comes to thunderstorms to begin with. I don't typically hate a lot of things but storms I HATE! I quickly snatched up Kaden and ran into Karsyn's room and got her out of the crib both kids not knowing what mommy was doing. I thought for sure we were in the middle of a hurricane and a tornado was right behind it. I grabbed some pillows off my bed and threw everything and everyone into our closet. It is the only room in our house that is interior and without windows. Both of our bathrooms have windows above the showers/tubs. The power was out at this point so we had a flashlight that I keep in the closet on. Karsyn was scared out of her mind. She did not move an inch from where I had set her. Kaden kept asking what was going on. We stayed in the closet for a good 30-40 minutes until I heard it dying down outside. Oh I forgot to mention that hail was hitting the windows also. We finally came out of the closet to assess the damge if any. Luckily our walls were still up and it didn't look like anything had fallen on top of the house. The only thing that still had yet to be restored was the power. I had called Kevin to tell him how freaked out I was and I needed him to come home. He got home not to long after we emerged from the storm shelter i.e the closet. At this point it was just thundering outside and slightly sprinkling. Kevin had told me that there was a huge Pine Tree down at the entrance of our neighborhood and there were many branches in the middle of the road. Since the power was still out we decided to go out on the porch and do a little art project. I bought Kaden a little wooden bird house so he could paint it and we could hang it next to the hummingbird feeder. He had a blast painting. He doesn't like just one color at a time, he likes to mix the colors together and paint with that ugly puckish doody color. I helped a little before the paints got all mixed together. One side of the bird house is orange and the rest is well in Kaden colors. For Karsyn I bought some pipe cleaners of all different colors, even some that sparkle. I brought out our noodle strainer and let her stick the pipe cleaners in the holes. That lasted all about 10 seconds with her and she was bored. Kaden on the other hand sat there and stuck every single pipe cleaner into the holes. I was impressed it kept his attention that long. The power finally came back and we all went inside to eat dinner and take baths. Sounds like a pretty good evening other then the storm right? That's what I thought too and I was thinking tomorrow would be just as good......yeah right!

I woke up this morning to find that Kaden had unscrewed the lids from the paint containers we had used the evening before and was dumping the paints into each container until it was overflowing onto the sides. Needless to say my living room carpet is all shades of greens, purples, and whites. I tried my best to clean it up but I feel like I was just making it worse. We will be steam cleaning it tomorrow. I was exhausted and out of energy from being so frustrated and I didn't really feel like loading both kids up to go anywhere so we played for a while and then made lunch and I put them down for an early nap. Normally Kaden plays quietly in his room for a bit before he gets tired enough to get in bed and fall asleep. He had been quiet for a while and I went in to check on him to see if he had fallen asleep and I walk in to find, he had taken his pull up off and pooped ON it and smeared it with the pull up onto not only his wall but the windowsill, his carpet, the side of his dresser, and a decorative pillow we put on his bed. I was fuming! It took me at least 30 minutes to clean it up. He knows better then that. I punished him by taking away his train set for a week. I know that is probably a little extensive so it all depends on how the next couple of days go and how he acts and or if he has any more accidents. At that point we might lessen the punishment. Although he didn't get any better this evening when he walked by his sissy and pushed her for no reason causing her to fall and hit her forehead on a toy and bust it open. I just have no idea what has gotten into him. This behavior is so frustrating and hard to deal with. Does anyone know of a circus looking for a new employee? I am just hoping tomorrow goes better. I think we might venture out during the day so we can let off some energy.

I was too tired to upload my pictures from yesterday's art project so I will post them with tomorrow's blog post. Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.