My mom and I had planned to take the kids to Wakulla Springs this morning to ride the glass bottom boat and see Old Joe. The grandpa's and my hubby were golfing and we didn't want to do our typical mall trip. Wakulla was unfortuntely not running the boat tours and also the swimming was closed too. Disappointing! We figured since we had already driven that far why not make the trip to St Marks to go to the lighthouse instead?! We paid the admission fee and were driving through the reserve to get to the lighthouse. We were chatting and listening to the kids talk in the backseat. I didn't notice how fast I was going. It didn't seem like I was going 52 miles until a police/sherrif/ whatever he was pulled me over. He told me it was a 35mph zone and I was going 52mph. We told him we were really sorry and we didn't realize. He then began to explain about the animals and the high tide and all that stuff which I totally understand. I wasn't there to run over the animals though. I began to cry because 1) it was embarassing and 2) I have nver been pulled over for anything. He asked for my license and walked to his car. I was still crying in the car to my mom and telling her how I bad I felt and how Kevin was going to be so upset and how I didn't know how we were going to afford getting a ticket. My mom offered to pay for the ticket which was really sweet of her. I kept telling her that it wasn't her fault and she didn't need to do that. Eventually the guy came back and we thought that maybe just maybe he would let me off the hook. I mean for pete's sake I have NEVER gotten a ticket for anything, I have NOTHING on my record. He could clearly see that we had kids in the car, I was not speeding on purpose. What do ya know!! He gives me a ticket. He starts to explain my rights as to what I can do with that ticket. You can contest to it at the court house in Leon county. I then made the comment "What am I going to contest?" "Judge, I am a stay at home mom and cannot afford this ticket?" Yeah, like that was going to fly! I was over being upset at this point and now I was just plain pissed off. He was acting like he felt sorry for me which if he did, he would have at least just given me a warning. He told us that we will know next time that the speed limit is 35mph, I told him that I was never coming back. (I know I will, I was just mad at him) The funny part was when he came back to the car after running my licnese plate and number, Kaden yells at him to get away from us lol. He is my sweet boy. He was telling me not to cry and that it was going to be okay. Luckily this didn't go against me and add points to my license. I just got the ticket. In the end I did accept my moms offer to pay the ticket. I have a wonderful mommy who still takes care of us when we need her too.
We ended up walking around the lighthouse for a little bit and then driving home to eat lunch and take naps. Today didn't turn out quite how I thought it would. I am ready to put it past me and not think about it again. Did I mention that my morning started off with having to meet Kevin somewhere to bring him the groupon voucher for golf because HE forgot it at home? I guess I should have expected today to be a little crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.