I woke up last night at around 1am. I had forgot my wedding ring and another band in the kitchen and had not had my rings on all day yesterday. I had thought about them several times during the day but forgot to put them back on when I got home. For some reason I woke up suddenly thinking about them and went to go get them. It was dark in the kitchen, so I turned on the little spot lights we have underneath our cabinets. As soon as I did this I heard a little scurry noise. There was a roach (one of those big palmetto Roach's that we get after it has been raining a lot). on our counter top. Now before I go any further on what happened, let me just say how much I HATE Roach's (any bug for that matter) but especially roaches. They are disgusting and ugly and I get the ebie jeebies just thinking of them. Anyways, so everyone is fast asleep at this point and I didn't want to wake anyone up by banging around so I was hoping that killing this massive bug would be easy for me. He wasn't behind anything on the counter top, he was in plain sight. I grabbed one of my shoes and slowly approached the roach. I started to bang down on the counter top with my shoe and the roach scurried away behind the oven. I was so pissed. I sprayed some Lysol back behind the cracks thinking I might suffocate him but there was nothing else I could do.
No here is where my fears of these bugs sets in. I thought for sure this bug would haunt me as soon as I was back in bed and sleeping. I kept thinking he is going to be mad that I tried killing him and he would come for me in the middle of the night. He might even bring a few friends for back up. I just pictured him finding my room through cracks in the attic and when the time was right he would crawl all over me while I slept. You know how sometimes when you swat at bees and the swarm after you because you have ticked them off. Well this was with a roach instead. I was also nervous that maybe it would go into the kids rooms/ I was up for a good bit after that and couldn't get back to sleep for a while. I got up once more to see if maybe it was brave enough to return when the lights where off, but there was no sign of him. I am not sure yet if Kevin had the pleasure of killing him this morning or not but I am pretty sure he is long gone. He will probably return in a couple of days when I have forgotten about him and am vulnerable. He will get me when I'm not looking!
Reminder to self: Keep a shoe in the kitchen at all times!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.