The stomach bug that is!
A lot of my friends had the ever too popular stomach bug a few weeks ago. I kept up with their updates on facebook and as much sympathy as I had for them, I couldn't help but think "Thank God our family has stayed away from that!" I must have spoke too soon! Sunday night I made pork chops and everyone ate them. I felt fine all evening up until around 10:30 that night. Kevin and I were laying in bed watching a little bit of TV and my stomach started cramping. I thought maybe it was just gas or maybe I needed to use the restroom. I did none of the above but, I ended up falling asleep in spite of the cramping at that point. It wasn't until about 5:15am that I woke up because the cramping was so bad. I sat up and I felt like I was going to throw up or pass out or possibly do both at the same time. I told Kevin how I felt so he sat up and rubbed my back for me. I am not sure if I had a fever at the time but I got the chills really bad. I was FREEZING and I could not stop shaking. I thought maybe if I got into a hot shower I would feel better. I don't know if anyone else is like me but, hot showers make everything feel better. I still was freezing even under the hot water. After I finished my shower I barely have finished drying myself when I had to rush to the toilet to throw up. My stomach felt somewhat better after doing that but I still felt really weak and queasy. Kevin took off work that day so he could watch the kids for me so I could spend the day in bed resting. It wasn't until Tuesday night that I started feeling better. Tuesday night Kevin and Kaden both got sick and threw up. Kevin got the chills just like me. Kaden ended up having a fever all day Wednesday and Thursday. They both stayed in bed ALL day Wednesday. I have never seen Kaden sit that still in all of his 3 1/2 years of life. He literally stayed in bed from 3:30am (which is when he got sick) until Thursday morning when he moved from the bed to the couch. Thursday afternoon he found a little bit of energy and was able to play in his room for a little while. I spent those two days cleaning our house and disinfecting EVERYTHING. I washed all the sheets and blankets and pillowcases. I steam cleaned the floors. I bleached the bathrooms. I washed all the dishes in HOT water (even the clean ones that had been sitting out on the counter). I thought that since Kevin had gone back to work Thursday feeling about 85% better and since Kaden seemed like he was feeling better that evening and was acting semi normal, that maybe the bug was starting to rid itself of our house. I was wrong! Today is Friday and at about 5:30 this morning Karsyn woke up throwing up. She threw up once and since then has had no other symptoms or vomiting. Hopefully that will be the first and the last time that she gets sick.
I now know what my friends were dealing with when they had this crap! I guess this is my karma for thinking that I was glad we didn't have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.