Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day

I know I am a few days behind on this but I wanted to share some photos from Valentine's Day. Our day didn't turn out exactly how we had planned but I still had some cute little love bugs to spend the day with.

Kaden's school hosts a "grandbuddies" day on Valentine's Day every year. It is for the grandparents of the kids to come and have breakfast and spend the morning with the children. They get to have their picture taken with Nicole Myhre Photography. She does the students photos and class photos and does an exceptional job at getting them all to smile. I would recommend her if you have little tots! Unfortunately this year we missed grandbuddies day. We forgot what time it started and for some reason though it was at 9am instead of 8:15am. I was a little bummed that Kaden did not get to have breakfast with all 3 sets of grandparents. He did get to enjoy his class party however. His class Valentine that we made was a Kool Aid "squeeze" juice and some Hershey kisses. Kaden really enjoyed his class party. He got lots of goodies and Valentine's from all his special friends. I picked him up from school that afternoon and saw his teacher carrying him out. I thought it was odd that he was being carried and I immediately knew something was wrong. She brought him up to me and told me that he was falling asleep during circle/reading time and she had to catch him from falling out of his chair. If any of you know my child, this is NOT like him. He would never fall asleep because he is too afraid he is going to miss something. As soon as I had him in my arms he started to cry and he told me his ear hurt. Typically when he says his ear hurts, he has an ear infection no doubt about it. Since we missed having breakfast with the grandparents we made plans to have lunch instead. That got canceled and instead we spent our lunch time at Urgent Care. He indeed did have an ear infection. A mild one, but still an ear infection. He was running a temp of 102.1 and was feeling pretty miserable. I took him home and both kids zonked out for at least 2 hours. He woke up feeling a little better so we made some Valentine's for Daddy and each grandparent. I made a heart out of a toilet paper roll and let the kids have fun stamping with some paint and the toilet paper roll. Karsyn really enjoyed this craft. Then we made some hand and footprint cards. Kaden even wrote a note all by himself for his Daddy. When Kevin got home he couldn't wait to show him. Other then the fact that Kaden was not feeling all that great, we did get to enjoy our Valentine's Day. I especially enjoyed all the cuddles I got from my sick one!
Karsyn stamping hearts for Daddy
She might have a career in this :)
Kaden working hard on his note to Daddy

He is so proud of his work
He did a GREAT job.
Love these little hands
The kids Valentine's loot
I got to spend the morning with this little cutie!
Her Daddy says her kisses are not for sale!
My poor pitiful guy!
Karsyn was worried about her Bubba
Finally getting some much needed rest!

A squeeze and a kiss from Kaden.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.