Monday, February 4, 2013

Fits Like A Glove

We are entering Karsyn into a local beauty pageant this March. If you have ever watched that show Toddlers and Tiaras, this is nothing like that kind of beauty pageant. I did this same one as a child and I got "runner up". Karsyn is obviously much younger then I was when I did my pageant but I am hoping to maybe stick with them throughout the years. This pageant is not one of those glitz pageants where the little girls wear these extremely fancy dresses that cost as much as our mortgage. The attire is more of your Sunday best. The girls are not required to wear make up or have spray tans and fake nails. I actually think they deduct points for children who are too made up.

My dad is sponsoring Karsyn in her pageant. He will pay for her entry fees and he also has offered to purchase her dress and shoes. Today we went to find the perfect dress for her. I wanted some elegant and tasteful but also affordable. I found a really pretty lilac dress online but with shipping it was going to cost around $77. That was a bit much for me to have my daddy spend on a dress that she will probably only wear a handful of times. I was browsing through Target the other night and came upon a really pretty turquoise dress. It was plain and simple with a little bit of fluff and a sash with a bow. The really nice part about the dress is, it was only $20. I called my dad immediately to tell him I found her dress. We decided to go early the next morning to buy it. First I wanted to make sure that I wasn't rushing into the first affordable dress, so we went to Dillard's. I found NOTHING! Back to Target we went and bought the dress. Funny thing, Karsyn tried on an 18 month dress and it fit her like a glove. I wanted to make sure she had enough room to grow (doubtful that she will) so we tried on the 24 month dress just to compare. She is 21 months old right now and she fits nicely into the 18 month dress. My sweet petite little thing! On our way to check out, I found some cute little white shoes to complete the look. Now I just need to find a pretty hair accessory and some white ruffle socks and win us a trophy and a tiara!

I promise I will not become one of those crazy obsessed pageant moms!

My beautiful beauty queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.