For those of you who have facebook, you are probably very familiar with the "like" button. Anytime someone posts a status, picture, or comment that you either agree with or you like it, you click the "like" button. What is funny is when people post a status that maybe sad or something they may be going through that is difficult or what not, people will "like" it. What about sad and devastating news is likable? Anyways, that is just my example of where I am about to go...
One might consider me a facebookaholic. I am not one to post a lot of stuff about what I am doing but I do use it as a way to keep in touch with family and friends. I like to upload pictures of my kids so that family can see what we have been up too. My biggest pet peeve about the usages of facebook and many by grown adults (some whom are much older then me) might I add. I cannot stand when people post what they are doing every minute of the day. It drives me nuts. I can see updating your status once a day but that even may be a bit excessive. Seriously people, do you want everyone knowing what you are doing every second of every day? Do you really not have any privacy about your life? Also, I know that not everyone on peoples friends list are really their friends. I have had to go through my friends and delete. What is the point of being friends with someone who you don't even speak with? I hate getting on and seeing at least five different status changes within one single scroll from the same person. Do you not have a life that you really feel the need to have to update facebook? I mean these people must be thinking in their heads right after they wash dishes or take a crap, that they need to hurry up and post it on facebook. At this point there really needs to be a "Who the Hell Cares" button.
Facebook has made people think that everyone wants to know everything that is going on in one's life. I don't think that anyone is more important then the next person and facebook has made some people think that. It has become a popularity contest rather then a forum to connect with old friends and family. Yes, I would like to know if a friend has recently gotten married or had a baby or maybe even a place they went for lunch and really enjoyed it but seriously....who cares if you are waiting on hold for your doctor or who cares if you are glad to be back at work the day after you were at work. (Does that make sense) lol. See I am already getting stupid from all the stupidness that goes on, on facebook.
Even with my rant, I know many of you are probably thinking that I should just get off of facebook. But I know I won't so I will just have to suck it up with the BS or just delete the people who put up the BS! So for those of who you who think this post was just a bunch of rambling then feel free to press my "who cares" button!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.