The past couple of days have been dreary, rainy days. We have had a few Thunderstorms, and for the first time yesterday I experienced my first hail storm.
We were leaving to go to my in laws house for dinner and as we were packing the kids up it started to sprinkle on us. We must have driven just a few miles when the clouds opened up and these monstrous rain drops started falling from the sky. No joke, they must have been at least half dollar size rain drops. They were hitting our car pretty hard. They started to get harder and harder which freaked me out and I asked Kevin what should I do. I don't like driving in rain let alone rain that sounds like it is going to break my windshield. We saw a few other cars pulled over on the side of the road so we decided to do the same. When we stopped we could see ice shattering on the windshield. It was HAIL! They were about grape size hail balls. It was coming down pretty good. It was the craziest sight I have seen. How could it be hailing when it was 68 degrees outside? It didn't last very long and we were back on the road. As we were driving down the street, we could see all the hail laying there on the ground. It covered the ground like a small layer of snow would. There was so much of it! it was a pretty neat sight.
This picture was taken by a friend from her yard. I was driving so I didn't get to take a picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.