Thursday, January 31, 2013

Home school

I have been tossing the idea back and forth lately on homeschooling the kids. With everything that has been going on lately with all the school shootings and the school bus hostage and the bullying, it really scares me to put my kids into public or even private school. I was in public schools and I did fine but I also didn't have the option for home school nor did you hear a lot about those scary situations when I was in school. Also as a kid you are carefree and you don't think anything will ever happen to you. As a parent I know too well that "things happen". I am not an educator so it makes me nervous that I may not teach them the right way. I am good at being a mommy but I am not so sure about being a teacher. The questions that go through my head are...Will I be patient enough? Will I even understand what they are supposed to be learning? Will they like learning from home? Will they be socially awkward later on in life? Will they get what they need to be successful? That is just some of the questions I have! Since looking into this, I have found that homeschooling is pretty popular. There are even support groups that get together so the kids can interact and the parents can talk with each other. I want the best for my kids, as most parents do. I don't want to look back and think I should have done things different whether that be should have put them in public/private school or should have home schooled them. I have been researching and asking around on the homeschooling aspect. I am hoping with all the information and all the support that I get, it will help Kevin and I figure out what is best. We still have some time to decided. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.