Friday, January 25, 2013
Happy Birthday Honey!
Yesterday was my husbands 29th birthday. This will be his last year in his 20's. We joke how next year he will be an old man because he is dreading the 30's. His work gives their employees the day off when it is their birthday. Yesterday we got to spend the whole day with our favorite guy! It was really nice. We started our day with a parent/teacher conference at Kaden's school. I wasn't expecting it to be bad and I was right. The teacher gave us a list of all the things that they work on during the year and how Kaden has done so far on them. There is a has not mastered, beginning to master, and has mastered sections. Kaden only had a few on the beginning to master and the rest were has mastered. She gave us a few pointers on what to work on with him at home. She said that he is a joy t have in class and he and the other kids get a long really well. It was good to hear. It always makes you feel like you are doing your job right when other people are actually enjoying being around your kid. After the conference we said our goodbyes to Kaden until pick up time and we went to my in laws house to hang out for a bit. I have been working on getting things ready for Karsyn's second birthday party which is in April. I am making her invitations so I wanted to get a head start on them. I worked on them a little over at my in laws house before having to go back out and pick up Kaden. After picking Kaden up with my MIL, we came back to eat lunch. The kids were getting tired and cranky so we brought them home to take naps and I ran a few errands while Kevin got some time to himself. When I got home, the kids were awake and ready to release some energy so we took them out in the back yard to play. Kaden has really shown an interest in baseball and he is actually quite good at it. Kevin loves practicing in the back yard with him. Luckily I didn't have to stop short of playing to start dinner because I had it cooking in the crock pot all day! I love crock pot meals!!! I made coca cola chicken. It is sooo yummy. The kids weren't too happy about coming inside for dinner but we were able to get them in without a huge fuss. After dinner, Kaden helped Kevin wipe down the table and then he went all by himself to clean up his room. Kevin and I were so proud when he came out to tell us how good he did and how excited he was to show us. I know I won't be able to keep it up every day but I was so excited for him that I gave him a dollar. Kevin made a comment to him about the toys he could buy at Hobby Town and Kaden took it as if they could go right then and there. He grabbed Kevin by the hand and started pulling him to the door. We couldn't help but giggle at him. The unfortunate part of the night was, Kaden did not want to go to bed. He put up a BIG fight. Typically Kevin reads to him, but last night he got that taken away for the way he was acting. Other then that meltdown Kevin had a good day with us. We will officially "celebrate" on Saturday with family and cake! We will have to make this year count since it is the last of his roaring twenties!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.