Sunday, January 27, 2013

Swing, Swing, Swing On A Sunny Day

I remember before having kids hearing all these stories about other parents kids. I remember thinking, good god do these people have anything better to talk about. I mean how excited can you be about your child taking a crap or the fact that they ate all their food that night.Well, I am now "that mom". I now get excited over the littlest things and you know what?!?  I am proud of it!

Today was a beautiful day. Instead of spending it inside, we took the kids out in the backyard to play. We have a swing set that has the slide, a baby swing, a regular swing, and the handle bars to hang from. Kaden was hanging from the handle bars and swinging back and forth (which he loves to do a lot!). Karsyn saw him doing this and at that point she was interested in doing it. We have the bars set at Kaden's height which for Karsyn is a bit to high for her to reach without being lifted by one of us. Kevin lifted her to grab the bars and he held her there so she could see what it was like. She was hooked! We lowered the bars so she could reach them by herself. After watching Kaden ONE TIME, she already knew what to do. She picked her feet up off the ground and dangled there for several seconds until falling to the ground. She then got back up and did it again, this time hanging there for a little longer. The third time she did it, she started to swing a little bit. All this time, with a HUGE smile on her face! I think I know what she will be spending her time doing the next time we go outside. I know to some people this is probably silly but to ME it was a huge milestone. As I watched her doing this, I thought to myself "my baby girl is growing up so quickly". She is not the itty bitty baby I used to hold in my arms all day long. She is now a active little toddler. As sad as it may be saying goodbye to my little baby, I am excited to see her grow into such a fun, happy, silly little girl. Hanging from the handle bars of the swing set was just one of millions of things I will get excited about along the way of her growing up!




I did it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.