Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1st 2013

We have entered another "new" year. It always feels like I should feel different with each new year but I never do. Even though it is a new year, it is still just your typical ordinary day. Other then the fact that my hubby was home with us today, it wasn't different then the day before. We did our usual stuff. We had breakfast, we played, we had lunch, we played, we took a nap, we played, we had dinner, we brushed our teeth, read some books, and said good night. Same ol stuff as the day before. I guess that is a good thing though. Although our days are pretty boring, they are still great days because we spend them together as a family. Today the one thing that we did that was "different" was, we taught Kaden how to ride his new bike he got for Christmas. He had a tricycle when he was younger but it was one of those that had the parent pole thingy that you can push from behind and then steer where they want to go. This bike is his BIG boy bike. It has training wheels but none the less it is a big boy bike. He was little timid at first but he got the hang of it pretty quickly. My husband is an awesome teacher when it comes to teaching him how to ride a bike or even driving. (we practice in the neighborhood with him on our laps) Kevin is very patient and knows how to instruct Kaden in a way that Kaden understands and picks up on. It was so cute seeing him riding his bike down the street. I had a proud mama moment!

2012 had its ups and downs, but what year doesn't? I had a pretty great last year. Even though it is a new year, I hope it doesn't change much from the last. Maybe just add in a few extra bonus things that we are hoping will happen this year! So all in all, I am okay feeling as though it was just another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.