Friday, March 13, 2015

One more year to go....

In my twenties that is...

I think a lot of people go on both sides of the fence when finishing out their twenties. Some people dread turning 30 and think of it as a death almost. They stress and worry about things they haven't done in life. While others are excited and think of it as life beginning.

ME, I think of it as I am FINALLY going to be a grown up. Yes, I am married with two kids but I still think of my twenties as being a kid, just a really BIG one that has responsibilities. I am looking forward to my thirties but I will enjoy my last year in my twenties while it lasts.

My birthday this year was very simple and low key. My morning started off with my babies and husby wishing me Happy Birthday. There was a sweet card waiting for me in my car when I took Kaden to school. I was then serenaded by the students in Kaden's class with the Happy Birthday song. The kiddos gave me hugs and birthday wishes all morning long. Not only did I get birthday wishes from the students at school, I got over 50 birthday wishes from family and friends (close and not close) on facebook. I felt incredibly special. People I knew from high school, people I haven't talked to in years all wishing me happy birthday. It may sound silly but they will never know how much that meant to me. My in laws picked up Karsyn from school for me and I met my Aunt at the mall for lunch. She treated me for my birthday and we got to chit chat a bit. I also went on a shopping spree on my husby. He couldn't have picked a better gift!! We then met up with my parents for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Lastly, I ended my night cuddle up with my family watching my kiddos favorite (at the moment) movie "Monster House".

If my last year in my twenties is anything like how my day went, it should be a good year!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.