So to continue on my journey in this natural ingredients beauty regimen, I thought I would give this new recipe a try. It's a SMOOTHIE for your, wait for it.......HAIR!!!
This would be a good thing to do especially if you have color treated hair. I wouldn't say that my hair is all that damaged. I haven't done any harsh coloring to it in a while now. I did the whole ombre thing and that was a complete fail but, since the color was at the ends of my hair I was able to just cut it off. I did do a box color to my hair a few months ago but nothing that damaged my hair. I do have pretty thick hair. Even with all my hair loss (since having Karsyn) I still have a pretty thick head of hair. It becomes pretty dry at times, especially when I am doing a lot of curling and or straightening to it. Anyways, getting to the good stuff. I came across this recipe for a hair smoothie. The ingredients are all fresh from your fridge and have a lot of benefits for healthy looking locks.
Getting started, you will need....
EGGS – super high in protein to strengthen and add shine. The fatty acids in the yolk add moisture.
SPINACH- It adds strength, volume, and thickness. Think of Pop'eye and how he would eat the spinach to get strong. Same goes for your hair.
STRAWBERRIES – contain a mild acid that will help remove product buildup. the seeds will help exfoliate your scalp.
AVOCADO – fat… oh my word I said it. sorry, it just slipped. as women, we hate that word. well, learn to love it, my friendlies because in this case it’ll rehydrate and repair damage. if only this magical fruit could repair the damage on the derriere.
HONEY – not, your boytoy. Although, I’m sure he’s super sweet. I mean honey, as in the awesome antioxidant and humectant (which also locks in moisture). plus it tastes good incase some dribbles down your face and you decide to lick it. what? no. pretend I didn’t just say that. Ok so maybe I did taste it…
BANANA – because Dr. Oz said so. And I trust him. A long time ago I remember him saying if there’s one thing to put on your hair to repair it, it’s bananas. So into the mix it goes!
PLAIN YOGURT – creates luxurious shine that’ll make you want to post a video on youtube of doing the infamous hair flick. yes, you might just become Tresemme’s next big hair model. yogurt also tames dandruff (no one likes snow unless its falling from the sky not your scalp).
Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender. Then follow these steps.
ONE: Wash your hair using just Shampoo. Rinse using HOT water. This will open up the hair follicle to help you hair better absorb the hair smoothie. I was excited to see HOT water because like I said in this post HERE I LOVE taking hot showers. Remove access water and gentle dry your ends by blotting them with a towel. Refrain from rubbing your head like you would drying a shaggy dog. This will not help the point of this smoothie. Flip your head upside down and comb through your hair.
TWO: With your head still upside down, use the entire smoothie and massage into hair, scalp, and ends. Comb the mixture through your hair and then twist it up on top of your head and use a clip to secure it to your head. Use a shower cap if you plan to do this outside of the shower. I personally used my time to take a nice relaxing bath with music and this little candle that is a cheap-o version of one of my favorite Yankee Candle scents.
Let the smoothie set for 15-30 minutes.
THREE: Wash out the smoothie with shampoo and warm water. Apply conditioner and rinse using cold water. The cold water will seal the hair follicle. Then brush your hair and blot out any access water.
FOUR: Blow dry your hair. I find that my locks stay silky smooth if I blow dry my hair upside down using the warm heat setting on high and completely dry my hair before I brush it. After my hair is dry I use the cold setting on my blow dryer to seal it. Doing my hair this way gives it a va va voom look once I flip my head over. Its crazy how BIG it looks.
FIVE: To tame all of the wildness I run my straightener over my hair. I will post a tutorial on that technique at a later date. (Its nothing fancy) Cliff notes version: I separate my hair into three sections. I first straighten the bottom layer of my hair, then I do the middle section, then the crown of my head. Makes sense, right? Now sit back and admire the transformation from dull, dry, damaged hair to beautiful, healthy, shiney, soft, smooth, okay you get the picture locks! I will probably try to do this once or twice a month.
Here are step by step pictures of this little long process.
Doesn't everybody blow dry their hair like this?
Enjoy your new healthy hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.