Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Update

This weekend was a busy busy weekend. I am actually looking forward to the week to kind of slow down a bit.

Friday, Kevin took Karsyn to a daddy/daughter dance at a church here in town. His boss had two extra tickets and offered them to him. I was super excited when he told me about the dance. There was a dance a few months ago and I didn't hear about it until the day of, so it was too late for them to go. This one seemed like it was WAY better! The theme was a 50's sock hop. The whole church was decked out in everything 50's. The sanctuary had beautiful chairs and tables set up for "diner food". There were balloons everywhere. There was a balloon arch and they had a huge dance floor for the little girls to dance with their daddies. They also had a "drive in" movie theater. The chairs had car door props along side of them to make it look like you were actually in a drive in movie. Kevin and Karsyn shared a popcorn while they watch tangled. They stopped by the soda fountain and got a soda pop and some sweets at the sweet shoppe. They also had a photo booth with props and a photographer. Kevin said that Karsyn had such a fun time but was really interested in the decorations and pulling them down more then anything. They got to dance together and just spending an evening just the two of them. I was so proud of Kevin for setting this whole thing up by himself and actually enjoying his time with Karsyn! I think next year she may be able to enjoy the actual festivities a little better.

Saturday morning while I took Karsyn to her dance class, Kevin took Kaden to a Dr Seuss birthday celebration at Applebees. The Leon County Reading Council put on a Green Eggs and Ham breakfast. The kids got to read green eggs and ham AND pancakes while they got to listen to Dr Seuss stories and children's music. Kids got to dress up in their favorite Dr Seuss characters or any character of their choice. Kaden wore his Mickey Mouse t-shirt. The place was all dolled up in Dr Seuss. After breakfast they went to Home Depot for their kids event. Every first Saturday of the month, Home Depot has little building kits for kiddos. They get to build trains, cars, bird houses, etc. They cute to use real tools and they even get a cute orange apron just like the ones that the employees wear. Kaden got to build a race car all by himself. Kevin just held the pieces together while Kaden got to hammer. He did a GREAT job. When Karsyn and I got home, he was so proud to show us what he had made.

Sunday was Karsyn's Beauty Pagent. It was our first one. I was under the impression that it was more of a natural beauty pagent without a lot of glitz. When we got to the mall there were girls all decked out with make-up, hair, and expensive gowns and dresses. They clearly are pros at this stuff. I began to get really nervous. I am a competetive person so it was only natural that I was competetive for my daughter. I wanted her to win! We were in the 1 year old catagory because she was not 2 by the cut off. The under 1 year olds went first. They lined up on stage first and then walked one by one down the front of the stage to the judges and then back. After they went, it was our turn. There was 2 other girls in our division. We also lined up and then one by one went to the front of the stage in front of the judges. Karsyn did VERY well. She stood holding my hand and waited her turn. She walked by my side down to the front of the stage. She was a little shy in front of the judges and she didn't really wave or blow kisses like I would have wanted her too. She smiled slightly but none the less she looked beautiful. We had to wait for the entire competetion to be over befor awards. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot of contestants. Each contestant got a trophy and a tiara. In each catagory there was a Queen and if you signed up for the extra categories (prettiest eyes, best attire, best personality, etc) then you got medals. We did not sign up for those, just the beauty part. Karsyn got second place (last place) bummer! I was a bit disappointed. Clearly I am her mother and I wanted her to win. Either which way she did great and I was so VERY proud of her! After the pagent the guys went to play golf and my mom and I did some grocery shopping. We had dinner over at my in laws and then came home and FINALLY relaxed!
so pretty in her tiara

checking out her trophy

I am so proud of this pretty princess


getting crowned.

waiting for her turn to go to the front of the stage



Date night with mommy

playing on Papa's phone

Daddy Daughter Dance night





so pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.