Kaden had his second ever dentist appointment this morning. We went 6 months ago for the very first time. Although he was shy, he did great on that visit. We sat back in the cleaning room with him and he let the tech do what she needed to do and then let the dentist look at his teeth. There was no fussing or crying. I was expecting the same routine to happen this morning when he went back for a cleaning. Kevin took him by himself this morning so what I am telling you is from what Kevin told me.
Kevin said they got there and immediately the hygienist called him back. Kevin got up to go back there with him and she told him that she just wanted Kaden by himself. If I were there I probably would have thought this could go one of two ways. He could go willingly or he could go screaming and crying. Kevin said he went willingly. After about 15-20 minutes they came back out and called Kevin back so that the dentist could go over what he saw with Kevin. The hygienist told Kevin that he did great. He let her clean his teeth and look at his gums. He even got to get a toy motorcycle from the treasure chest and a spider man tattoo and a sticker. He was so proud of himself. He told Kevin how well he did as soon as he saw him. The dentist said everything looked great!
I called Kevin a little later that morning to ask how it went and he told me just that! I was SO proud of our boy! He is growing up so quick. This is yet another milestone that Kaden has accomplished in his almost 4 years of life. He amazes me every day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.