My babies...what can I say. I love them so much. They make my days all bright and shiney. (Most of the time) Kaden has become very fun to be with. He is starting to listen better so going places with him has become eaiser. He has started to say "I Love You" on his own now. It is always so sweet and comes at the most perfect time. When he gets in trouble and I tell him that I am going to go get the spoon. (We use the spoon to spank him but he usually straightens up when we threaten to go get it.) He will count to 10 while we are going to get it. He is starting to hide now when he knows he is not supposed to be doing something. He started to rip up a tissue box right in front of me and when I caught him and said, Kaden...he looked up from doing it, gave me a slight smirk and then ducked behind our ottamen and finished tearing up the box. When I said Kaden, what are you doing? All I heard from him was No. He is pretty hilarious!
Karsyn is a sweetie pie. She is the most calm out of the two. She just likes to be in my arms. She is very cuddly. She is sitting up by herself but not for long periods of time yet. She gets a little unbalanced and falls to the side. She has started to put weight on her legs when we lift her up to where she is standing. She didn't for a while and I was a little worried. Kaden ONLY wanted to stand, even at like 2-3 months. The doctor told us to put her in her jumper more often so we did and now she stands much better. She is scooting. She scoots pretty well backwards. At first I would see posts on facebook about some of my other friends who have babies her age or around her age that are already standing and crawling and were sitting up by themselves before her and I would think that she was behind. I would worry and think okay what is wrong with my baby? There is nothing wrong though, at least not with her. Maybe with me because I hold her nonstop. She likes it and I like it. I have started to put her down more although she cries most of the time until I pick her up. But it is helping her develop more. I don't worry much anymore though. I am comfortable at her slow speed. It makes her be a baby for just a little bit longer. I swore that with the second baby, I would take my time and cherish every milestone instead of wishing it would hurry up and happen like I did with Kaden. I just wanted to try everything with him. I just know that it is going to be a while before we have another baby (IF we even have another baby) so if Karsyn wants to take her time, then I am fine with it.
We have been battling ear infections for the past 4 weeks. Kaden has had a runny nose for like 4 months and it turned into an ear infection. We took him to Urgent Care and they said that his right ear had fluid behind it. They put him on a 10 day antibiotic. Two days after finsihing his meds we were back at his doctor and this time the infection was in his left ear. They put him on another round of atibiotics. This time 5 days. He finished that and a few days later was complaining that his right ear hurt. He said he had an ear infection. It started on Friday night and we called Urgent Care. It was already passed his bedtime so we decided to wait until the next morning to take him to triage. They got him in Saturday evening and it turns out he has an ear infection in both ears. They put him on Augmenton this time. It obviously tastes AWFUL. He gagged on it the first time and threw up everything. I called Urgent Care the next morning after trying it again that morning and the nurse told us to try putting some Kool Aid granules in it to flavor it up a little. So that night we did and it WORKED! The bad thing is it has caused him to have runny stools and he has a really bad diaper rash. We keep diaper rash cream on him but it isn't getting any better. I put him in an Aveeno bath tonight which usually does the trick so we will have to wait and see tomorrow morning. As far as Karsyn goes, she had a double ear infection as well about 2 weeks ago. She was on antibiotics. We go back on Friday to recheck both kids ears and she will also have her 6 months shots and they both will be getting their flu shots. She wasn't able to get her shots at her appointment since she still was not better from the infection. She now has a rash on her body from the meds or the infection. It is starting to go away. I am just so ready for these infections and runny noses to get better. We are keeping Kaden out of school this week to try and get him better. If we could get the runny nose to go away, these ear infections should go away! They both have high spirits and have had them this whole time. Kaden still plays as usual and is still as silly as ever and Karsyn is as sweet and smiley as ever!
Love them both! They are my Sunshines!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.