Yesterday, Saturday November 26th, 2011 our sweet daughter turned 7 months old. I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. Sometimes I wish I could press the pause botton just so that I can be in these moments for just a little while longer. Until I found out I was pregnant with Karsyn which was 2 months after Kaden's first birthday I was constantly wishing time away. I wished that he was sitting up by himself sooner, I wished he was crawling sooner, I wished he was standing sooner, I wished he was walking sooner, and so on and so on. I vowed that when we had our second child that I would just let things come as they would and just enjoy ever moment of all of the "firsts" again. I can proudly say that from day one I have been very patient with Karsyn. I wasn't eager for any of those moments to "hurry up and come" I want her to always be my little girl and I know that with each milestone it means she is getting bigger and older. I hate that it has taken my second baby for me to finally just relax but I am happy that I can now relax more with Kaden's "firsts" as well.
So far here are some of the things that Karsyn is doing...
On September 19th both of the front bottom teeth came through. As of now she has 4 teeth. Two on top an two on the bottom.
At 5 months we could no longer hold out on solids anymore. She was literally grabbing food off of our forks and trying to put them into her mouth. We talked to her pediatrician first who then gave us the go ahead to start her on rice cereal. She ate that until she was 6 months old sometimes with bananas or pears mixed in. At 6 months we started her on veggies. She was absolutly IN LOVE with green beans. Not to fond of squash but now eats the crap out of anything. We have dabbled into stage 2 foods which have more of those mixed foods i.e turkey and rice, mac and cheese w/ veggies, etc. She loves ALL but chicken noodle. She now eats 3 times a day including formula.
On November 17th she started to scoot on her stomach. It wasn't until this past week that she has really started to want to crawl. She can now get up on all fours and rock back and fourth and she will put an arm forward and try to move a leg but she ends up falling on her stomach and then she will just pull herself across the floor. She is so close to crawling and I am so close to loosing my mind knowing that I have a 2.5 year old running around and a mobile baby also.
Sometime in her sixth month she was sitting up alone. She still gets overly excited sometimes and falls backwards but she can pretty much sit there and play with toys by herself with Kevin or I having to sit behind her or hold her up. She also can control how quickly she falls over. Her stomach muscles are much stronger now.
She just recently started to put more pressure on her legs when we bring her to a standing position. She obviously is not standing on her own yet an not even really with the help of like a toy or some kind of object but if we hold her under her arms she will stand for a little while and then just bring her legs up as if to say "okay, Im done with this standing buiness"
She is a GREAT sleeper. She takes after her brother on that. We have been so lucky to have two kids who absolutly LOVE their rooms and being in their own beds. We to this day have not had to "sleep train" Karsyn. No crying it out for this mama! We can put her in her crib for naptime or bedtime and she will talk for a little bit an roll all over the place but she finds a comfy spot and falls asleep on her own. I still rock her to sleep on some occassions when I am needing a little extra mommy an daughter time.
She is babbling up a storm. She now has baba, tata, and dada down packed. We are working on mama. She has no idea obviously of what she is saying but those are the syllabuls she can now mimick. She loves to babble and laugh with Kaden.
She is still very much shy and has stranger anxiety with people she does not see on a day to day bases. She is very picky (like her mama). She has the sweetest persona. She always smells so good. She is the best little shopping buddy. She LOVES her big brother (and I think he secretly LOVES her too). She is starting to want to play with toys. She still loves to just sit in my lap and watch everything that is going on around her. She gets the biggest grin on her face when her daddy comes home. She will instantly calm down when I sing to her and her favorite song is This Little Light of Mine by Addison Road. I sing it to her everynight and I tell her about her Great Papa. She likes to chew on EVERYTHING. She has the biggest brown eyes that you can get lost in and her chubby little cheeks are so squeezable and kissable. My favorite thing to do is kiss her and tell her how much I love her!
Here are some pictures of my sweet thing
Yummy Green Beans all over!
We had a photo shoot in her room
Her big brother (best friend)
My little Pink Poodle
He is just too cute not to post a picture!
I look forward to posting and sharing many many more milestones of both of my babies with you all. I am one proud mama!
BTW, I forgot to mention that Karsyn now weighs 16 lbs and is 25.5 inches long.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.