Man oh man what a week it has been!!! Let me start off by saying my baby boy is 2 years old now! We celebrated his second birthday on Saturday which also happened to be his actual birthday! When I woke him up that morning I sang to him the happy birthday song, it brought tears to eyes knowing that he has grown so quickly. It had felt like just yesterday that I was on my way up to the hospital to see if I was going to have a baby that day. It turns out it wasn't until 22 hours later that I got to meet my baby boy! When I first heard him crying, it was the absolute BEST moment of my life! He was a healthy 9lb 7oz and 20.5 inch long baby. I was in love the moment I saw him! We have now had 2 GREAT years together. He has taught me so much about love and life! I could not ask for a more perfect child!
Anyways, the birthday party was a lot of fun. Last year for his first birthday I did a lot of stuff myself. I made the decorations and the food and I prepared everything. It was very stressful and I was exhausted by the time the party had started. I told myself it was going to be different this year and it WAS!! We ordered pizza from Hungry Howie's and I ordered a Thomas and Friends cake from publix. It was a life size train cake which matched his train themed party. We rented a bounce house with a double slide and also a bubble maker. The kids had a blast with the bubble maker. Kaden actually really enjoyed the bounce house which I wasn't sure how he was going to react at first to it. All of our family and some of his friends were there to celebrate! Kaden opened up all of his gifts for all of us to see what he got. I think his favorite gifts were the hot wheels cars and his train sets his best friend Daily Jo got for him! All in all it was a great party and I think Kaden really enjoyed himself.
When we got home from the birthday I thought for sure he was going to go down for a nap. We were going to another birthday party for his friend Griffin that afternoon and I knew he would be cranky if he didn't take a nap, but he just was not having it. Kelly, Fredrick, and Daily came over at about 4 and we packed up in our car to drive the hour long way to Whigham for Griffin's pool party. The drive there was hilarious. Kelly and Fredrick are probably the two most funniest couple Kevin and I know. They make our marriage look normal! Fredrick would say something and Kelly would come back with some smart comment and Fredrick would lean over to Kevin and say isn't she sweet?! Finally we get to the party and the kids got to play and we swam and had burgers and hot dogs. It was a lot of fun other then the GA gnats! By the time we got back into the car I think my arm was so used to waving the gnats away, it was still doing that motion! I seriously think I ate at least 10 gnats! By the time we got home that night I was so glad the day had come to an end. It was basically time to get the kids bathed and for all of us to go to bed.
The next day was Father's Day. We went to church with my dad and his wife. It was the first time that Karsyn was in the nursery. The ladies just adored her and said she did wonderful. I don't think there was a time where they were NOT holding her. Some lady even came up to me after the service to say she got to hold her lol. I told Kevin if he ever got sick of me and wanted an older women all he had to do was take Karsyn into the bathroom at church and all the old ladies would flock to him!! After church Kevin took the kids home to spend some daddy time with them and I went to lunch with my mom and step dad. It was Fathers eat free at Bagel Bagel which is one of our favorite places to go on the weekends. After lunch I came home to take over for Kevin and he and Fredrick played golf at Southwood. Kelly and I got the kids together and made a trip to Sam's which was not pleasant at all. Both Daily and Kaden pitched some serious temper tantrums. We went back to her house afterwards and went swimming. Kaden had a blast and I even let Karsyn swim. She looked adorable in her giraffe swimsuit! Kevin picked up Kaden after golf and went to his parents house to hang out with his dad and my dad, myself, and Karsyn went to Sonny's together. I swear every time its my dad, myself, and the kids they always think he is my husband. Some girls at a booth across from us were asking him questions about Karsyn, how old she was, what her name is, etc. They thought she was really cute. He told them I was her mother and he was my dad, her grandpa! I think they assumed he was my husband as well! He has two shirts that say #1 grandpa and Best Grandpa which he usually wears when we go places, especially the mall. We enjoyed out time together. I always like having father/daughter time.
This week has been pretty busy as well. Karsyn had another chiropractic appointment on Monday which went well. Dr Lowery said that she should only need one more appointment and then it can just be as needed after that! Karsyn also had her 2 month wellness appointment yesterday. She had to have 3 shots and the rotovirus oral vaccine. She did not like the shots. She tensed up so much in her legs that by the time the nurse stuck her with the third vaccine, it was coming back out of her muscle. She screamed bloody murder. It tired her out so much that she was passed out on me by the time we walked out the door. She didn't even wake while I was putting her in her car seat! Other then the shots, it was a pretty good visit. She has been on medicine for acid reflux which has been helping A LOT! It has even helped with her fussiness! She now weighs 10lbs 13oz which was 2oz less then a week ago. The doctor is going to recheck her weight when we go in two weeks for Kaden's 2 year wellness appointment. She is also 21.5 inches long. She is in the 50th % for her head circumference and her weight and in the 15th % for her height. She is probably going to take after her momma with her pettiness!! We go back in 2 months for her 4 month wellness visit and more shots! Boo!! Oh and she will be 2 months on Sunday! Where is the time going??
Now its Friday and the weekend will start for me in about 4 hours when Kevin gets off of work. I plan on doing not much of anything this weekend. I may do a little retail therapy! So happy this week is over with and I can look forward to maybe a little more relaxing week next week! Here are some pictures from the birthday party! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.