I cannot believe that in a little over a week my sweet baby boy will be TWO years old. Where has the time gone? Oh wait....to a pregnancy and now a new baby! It feels like just yesterday I was being admitted to the hospital and going through the 20+ hours of labor just to have to have a c-section because my BIG headed baby was not wanting to come out on his own. Ever since that day he has been as stubborn as a mule. It was the worst labor ever but every minute of it was worth the outcome.
Kaden is such a sweet and smart little boy. At about 10 or 11 months he was able to stack blocks and identify shapes. He was able to stick a straw back into the whole on a lid at 12 months. He has great hand/eye coordination. At around 18 months we hit a rough patch with his speaking development. He was not saying as many words as he should have at that age and so our pediatrician sent us to a speech therapist and within two visits he had progressed wonderfully and they discharged us. They said it was just a minor delay that that within a month a two he would be talking up a storm. Now I cannot get him to be quiet at all! I love hearing him talk though. He says the funniest things. He walks around the house saying CARS,CARS,CARS and then proceeds to go through every family member...Papa's cars, GG's cars, Mimi's cars, mommy's cars, daddy's cars, sissy's cars. Anytime his sister passes gas, he says Sissy poo poo. He can recite the ABC's all the way up to the letter F, but as soon as we get to G he goes back to B although he says GG with no problem. Then he kind of sporadically says letters like T, R, O, and P. I love the way he says choo choo, obviously on the computer I can't really sound it out for you but just trust me that it sounds really cute! He is also a really good helper. He helps me cook, I let him pour the liquids into the brownie mixes and stir them or I let him punch the numbers on the microwave. He helps me do the laundry, he likes to take all the shirts out of the hamper and use them as his snuggle. He helps me clean, he will wipe up his messes on the table. He helps me change his sister, he gets the diapers for me and throws them away. In no time I will be getting him to vacuum and clean the bathrooms and take out the trash. We will see how long that lasts!
I see my baby growing and learning every day. He amazes me every day and everyday I am so blessed he is in my life. This has been the best two years we have had together and I cannot wait to have many , many more! Happy Second Birthday to my Kaden!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.