Saturday, June 11, 2011

Never on time

One of the things I used to despise was when someone was late to something. I used to be pretty good at being on time except for that rare occasion where there might be an accident on the road or the alarm clock didn't go off or something, but like I said that was very rare. I actually used to show up 5 to 10 minutes early just to ensure I was prepared for whatever the event may be.

Then I had kids.

Now I don't even like to give people a time frame because I am pretty positive I am going to be late. First off I have to get myself ready which these days only takes about 5 minutes. I rarely wear make up anymore, my hair is always up in a ponytail, and my favorite outfit and the only one that fits right now is yoga pants and a tank top and flip flops. This is usually the easiest part of my routine or lack there of a routine. Then I have to feed my children. Kaden being at the age he is, he can eat on his own. Karsyn on the other, it takes her about 30 minutes to take a bottle and add another 10 minutes to burp her. Then I get them dressed for the day. Then I make sure I have everything I need in the diaper bag. I pack a sippy cup of juice for Kaden but he usually sneaks it out of the bag when I am not looking or even if I am looking so I have to fix him an extra one to take on the road with us. I put Karsyn in her car seat. Usually by this time she has spit up on herself so I have to take her out and change her outfit. As soon as I get her all dressed and back into the car seat, Kaden has pooped in his diaper so I have to change him again. Usually at this point I am about 5 minutes late to where ever I am going, luckily I am ready to head out the door.  I get the kids loaded up in the car and I get myself all buckled in. As I am making my way out of the neighborhood I go over in my head the checklist of everything I needed to bring with me to make sure I had everything and I check the rear view mirror to make sure I remembered both kids (I always have a fear I might forget one at home) and at this point I see Karsyn has inevitably spit up all over herself again (sometimes she spits up a lot and sometimes she doesn't at all, but usually it always seems to be the messiest when I am needing to be somewhere.) So I turn around to change her yet again. I look at the clock and by this time I am already a good 15 minutes late AND to make it even worse Karsyn needs to be fed again!! Screw it, I'm staying home!

On a side note: Don't you hate it when you actually do arrive somewhere on time, you open the trunk and there is no stroller? Yeah, that has happened to me not once but TWICE now and I am sure that won't be the last!
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.