We have been taking Karsyn to a chiropractor for her colic. She has been twice now since last Friday. I know, I know, your thinking why the hell are you taking your 7 week old baby to a chiropractor, how does she even have back problems and if so she can't even speak to tell you! Well that is not the reason. She has COLIC which if you read my blog post "Colic is Crap" then you know that we are at or wits end with it and will try anything at this point just to make her comfortable. A friend of mine had her son a few weeks before I had Karsyn and he had pretty bad colic as well and she found out about Dr Lowery at Lowery Chiropractic Group and said that he worked wonders on her son and that she noticed a change in him pretty quickly. She said now he only cries when he needs to be changed or is hungry which to me is normal! I was skeptical at first about making an appointment. I thought what could this man do for my baby to make her stop crying that her pediatrician can't? I am already nervous about going myself why would I send my baby? I am not a fan of the bone cracking and the way they move your neck and back...ugggghhhh grosses me out! But I thought well let me research it a bit and see what the internet says and maybe give it a try. All kinds of people have access to the internet and can post whatever they like so if anyone was going to give me their honest opinion it would be the internet. After hours of researching it was all good reviews! There have been studies that have shown that babies with colic treated by a chiropractor as oppose to babies with colic only taking those gas drops like Mylicon or Little Tummies gas relief had an 80% decrease in their crying spells. Basically what it all boils down to for those of you who are skeptics yourself or wonder what a ciropractor can really do for such a young baby is this.....When a baby is born whether it is vaginal or c-section which is how Karsyn and Kaden both for that matter were born. There is added pressure to both the neck and back vertebrae which from what Dr Lowery was saying can be a pretty BIG amount of added pressure! The vertebrae at that point can get out of alignment caused from the stretching and compression of child birth. If the misalignments are big enough they can cause the functions of the babies digestive system to go all out of wack which can then cause the baby discomfort and to have colicky episodes. I mean think about it, when you eat to much and your stomach doesn't digest the food fast enough don't you get a little fussy?? Only for babies since they can't tell us parents how they feel they obviously just cry and cry and cry until they drive us completely insane. So that is where Kevin and myself are and that is why we have chosen to take Karsyn to a chiropractor. Dr Lowery, if anyone is interested is amazing at what he does. The first time we took Karsyn to him she seemed so at ease as he was doing the adjustments. He really informed us on what he was going to be doing and even showed us how gentle the adjustment for a baby that small really is. That day she had 4 bowl movements. Unfortunetly for me they were all during the day so I had to change every single one of them! I will be honest though, the next day she was extremely fussy and I thought at that point that I was wasting my time with this and it really wasn't going to work...It was that bad of a day, plus she went that whole day without a bowl movement. The next day was a little better and we had one bowl movement. We went back to Dr Lowery on Monday and he adjusted her again and said that he could tell some improvement in her back and that maybe a few more adjustments should really help the fussiness. She seemed pretty calm the rest of the day with maybe one or two crying spells and again only one bowl movement, but today has been a BIG difference in her mood and personality. She woke up with this huge smile on her face and had so much to say to me! It was like someone had come in the middle of the night and swapped out babies. She has pretty much been really alert and playful and in a good mood all day long except for if she needed to be changed or was hungry! Today totally reassured me on this whole chiropractic thing and I am thinking a few more visits and she should be a changed WOMEN!
SN: Does this make my child high maintenence? She is getting weekly massages and Im not. There is a problem here!!
She fell asleep like this!
Sleeping peacefully in her crib on Monday night!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.