Thursday, May 2, 2013

Karsyn's Art/Painting Party Recap

This past Saturday we celebrated Karsyn's second birthday. She has really been into art and coloring and painting (anything messy) recently so having an "art" party was a no brainer.

We tried to keep it small with family and some close friends.

I started planning for this party about 5-6 months ago. I had been pinning ideas onto Karsyn's second birthday board. I would purchase little things here and there. About a month before the party is when I really went into party planning mode. Every weekend I worked on a project for the party. I had some help from my mom with some of the bigger projects. She says she is not creative but I think deep down she has a creative eye!

The morning of the party I was very anxious and woke up super early. I was wide awake at 4:44am and could not go back to sleep for the life of me. I laid in bed until about 6:40 and decided to get up and take a shower and get some things together to bring to my moms house. Karsyn had dance class that morning and my mom offered to take her so my step dad and I could set up for the party. I was running a little late getting Karsyn to my mom's house and I was reared ended a few blocks from her house. I was a nervous wreck and started crying. The guy that hit me was very nice and apologetic. Thankfully I had no damage to my car and I assured him that Karsyn and I were fine and that I was okay leaving without needing to call the police. I didn't have time to get into anything messy at this point. When I got to my parents house my mom and step dad rushed out to check on us and my car. What a way to start a birthday party. After we got everything inside, my mom and Karsyn left for dance class while David and I got started on decorating.

David was a BIG help. His handy work with tools and building things worked to my advantage. I had some paint cans that I needed hanging that he was able to figure out a way to make them work. He also helped me with my rainbow table skirt and getting it taped to the food table. (pictures below).

I had in my head the time frame that I was trying to stay with. I was hoping that everything would be finished (except for the food) by 11-11:30. I would pick Kaden up from my in laws and have enough time to go home and put Karsyn down for a nap and get myself and the kids dressed and get back to my moms by 3pm for the party. That didn't happen. It was about 12pm and I still had a few things to finish up with the food and still pick up Kaden and get home. We decided to just have my in laws bring Kaden to the party by 2:45 to get changed. My mom, Karsyn, and I went to my house to "try" to put her down for a nap and get ready. Karsyn did not nap but we were able to get ready.

On the way to my moms we picked up the cake. We made it to my moms house in enough time to set the food out on the table and finish a few last minute details.

The guests started showing up right away. The kids all had a blast playing on the playground in the backyard. They all were really excited to be artists and paint and color and decorate aprons and make sand art. The day turned out to be sunny and not too hot. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. by the time the party was over I know my kids were tuckered out. They both went down without a fuss that night.

Enjoy the pictures from the party!




































                                                                           












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.