Friday, June 29, 2012

Sometimes I choose favorites

As a mom of two, I find sometimes that I choose favorites. I know that Im not supposed to but sometimes I just do. I love both of my babies equally but when one is acting up I find myself thinking if I just had the one that was being good I would be golden!

For those of you who don't know me, I have a boy who is 3 years old and a girl who is 1 year old.

Kaden is my wild child who has a mind of his own. We have gone through the terrible two's and have now moved on to the even worse three's. He is really trying to enforce his independance now and the power of his voice. He says NO a lot! He is very stubborn which is hard to say who he got that from because my husband and I both are stubborn people. Kaden doesn't listen unless you are talking about candy, trains, or popsicles. I could yell and yell his name until I am blue in the face and if he doesn't want to hear it then he ain't gonna listen. I know this is typical for a kid his age but it is so darn frustrating! This is when my favoritism starts to kick in.

My daughter on the other hand is my sweet little princess. I may always see her as perfect because ever since I was a young girl I knew I wanted to have a little girl. Karsyn loves to be close to me all the time. She has the sweetest laugh. She is very sensitive. She is very easy going and will pretty much be happy anywhere we are as long as she has her binky, snuggy, and her mama. I love that she is into girly things (although, she loves to play with big brothers trains and cars). She is a little Diva and has an attitude on her though. If she ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

For the most part both of my kids are pretty well behaved. I guess I get lucky, when I need them to behave, they do. I am a stay at home mom and I spend 24/7 with them. (Don't get me wrong, I have the BEST job in the world and I would not trade it for anything). Unfortunatly for me, they don't listen and do as I say as much as they do with daddy! There are probably 4 days out of the 7 that I am disliking one child and favoring the other. I hate to say it but most of the time it is Kaden. 2 times out of 10 it will be Karsyn when she is just being really picky about nothing at all. After I think this I feel so bad that I even think that at all. I am sure it is normal but it really breaks my heart. I love my son to death, I am so glad that he is in my life. 3 years is such a short period of time to get to know someone and to love someone but I know every single thing there is to know about my son and I love him unconditionally even when he is frustrating me and I am thinking his sister is the better of the two. I don't ever want to imagine a world without the two of them in it. Anyways, now I am rambling. Basically I hope that as they get older and hopefully easier to control (they do get easier to control right?) I hope that I don't always think that one is better then the other.

Do even the most patient of moms feel this way also?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.