3 years old! Holy Cow, time flies. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was giving birth to him? I can still remember bringing him home from the hospital so vividly. It is bittersweet watching him grow into such an independant little man. He has such a big heart and is very passionate about the things that he loves (train, trains, and more trains). He has the vocabulary of a 20 year old and although he says some things that he probably shouldn't be saying, he says them in the right context which I can't help but be proud of! He is a smart kid!
We celebrated his birthday this past weekend with a few close family and friends at Mimi's house (my mom). The funny thing is last year he was totally all about hot wheels cars and Disney Pixar Cars the movie and all that jazz and we ended up having a Train themed birthday party and then this year he is ALL about trains an rarely ever plays with his cars and we had a Cars themed party. I don't think he noticed much though. We rented a bouncy water slide which was a hit. The slide part not so much but the small pool at the bottom was where all the cool kids hung out. Once everyone was gone I actually got my bathing suit on and made a couple of rounds on the slide. We ordered pizza and had cake. Kaden's great-grandparents from Indiana, and his great Aunt and Uncle from Houston made the long drice just to be here for his party which I thought was amazing! The rain from TS Debby held off all day so that we could have a rain free party! All in all it was a great party! Kaden enjoyed playing his friends and opening presents. Kevin and I enjoyed seeing the smile on his face and hearing him talk about the party even two days afterwards!
I got this idea from a blog that I found through Pinterest. (Gotta love Pinterest) I am hoping I can keep up with it for both kiddos. It is a questionaire you fill out on their birthday or sometime around then, starting at the age of 3. The lady that had the blog actually had a neat idea to turn hers into an album which I think I might do. You can add a picture and viola you have a cute keepsake to give to your child when they are older.
So here are Kaden's 20 Questions with answers for age 3!
1. What is your favorite color? green
2. What is your favorite toy? trains
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberries
4. What is your favorite TV show? Star Wars
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? chick chick and ranch
6. What is your favorite outfit? doggie shirt (what he was wearing at that time)
7. What is your favorite game? zombie race car game
8. What is your favorite snack? puffs
9. What is your favorite animal? doggie
10. What is your favorite song to sing? Thomas the Train
11. What is your favorite book to read? Socks and Fox (Fox and Socks by Dr Suess)
12. Who is your best friend? Daily
13. What is your favorite cereal? Marshmellow (Lucky Charms)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? poop (??)
15. What is your favorite drink? red juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? trains
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? pancakes
19. What do you want to eat for dinner on your birthday? cake
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? work at Daddy's office
Some answers I think he just made up in his head! lol.
My little man only a few minutes old
Now here he is 3 years later!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.