Monday, August 6, 2012
Bye Bye Paci
After 2 long years of trying to get rid of the paci/binky/bebe we finally did it! Kaden finally decided it was time to give it. Of course with a little bribing to entice him! We had tried a while ago to quit cold turkey and it really back fired on us. Kaden is the type that needs to be ready on his own time to do anything. If he is not ready you WILL know! So he had his paci a little longer then normal. The other day Kevin and I were in his room with him and out of the blue I said to Kaden "why don't we put your bebe in the trash and you can pick out a new train instead" and he said okay! He went and threw his bebe away and off we went to Target to buy a train. On the way there I really explained to him about what he was doing and if he was really sure this is what he wanted. I told him once we bought the train the bebe was not coming back. He said he understood. He got to pick out a train that he liked and we were on our way home to try out the no bebe during nap time thing. He put up a fight at first and Kevin and I both gave in at first and brought the bebe back out but took the train away and told him it was not coming back unless the bebe went away. After we walked out of his room he cried for his train back and willingly gave up the bebe. From then on he has not had the bebe since. The first few days after trashing the bebe he would ask for it occasionally. I would also catch him stealing sissy's bebe and I would have to chase after him to get it back. We are going on a little over a week without it and although we are also giving up nap time as well which could be a cause for the extra energy and a slightly bad attitude towards the end of the day, other then those two things I haven't really seen him act any differently since giving it up. He also hasn't asked for it in a few days. Oh, there is one thing I have noticed, he has his fingers in his mouth more now without the bebe. Oh well I can live with the fingers as long as he doesn't become a thumb sucker or finger sucker. My boy is growing up. We are reaching all these great milestones and although it is really exciting and I feel like I am doing my job well, it is also a little bittersweet. The bebe was the last "baby" item that he we were holding onto and now that it is gone I know that there is no more baby Kaden and it is now BIG boy Kaden. I know he is really happy to be a big boy and not a baby anymore. He loves all the things he gets to explore and do for himself. No matter how old he gets he will always be my baby boy!!! I am proud to be his mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.