If today wasn't Friday, I think I would have to pack my things and lave mommy world for a little while. After the day I have had so far today I am not going to be doing anything tomorrow!
For starters, Kaden locked himself in the bathroom this morning. We have started to try to potty train and after many failed attempts for the past couple of months, he is finally catching on. He is catching on so much that he actually LOVES to use to the potty now. Today when he decided he was going to use the bathroom, he shut the door and locked it! He has never done this before so I never "thought" it could happen. The only door in our house that we have a child proof cap on so that he doesn't go in is the pantry or he would be eating Teddy Grahams and Goldfish ALL day. He usually does pretty good with staying out of rooms that have shut doors and up until two days ago, we kept his bathroom door shut. Now since he is using the potty we keep it open so he can go in as he pleases. Today I guess he wanted privacy so he locked the door. We have one of those doors that you have to open with a special key that we have, but I have never used it before so I was clueless. I was terrified at what he could be doing in there. I called my dad to hurry up and come over to help me get him out but in the mean time I was trying to take the knob of the door thinking that I could get him out that way which I as informed wouldn't have worked. I kept talking to him to keep him occupied and not get scared. He did pretty good for the first ten minutes. I guess he moved his step stool to the light switch and I could hear him in there saying "fan on" "fan off" ad I could hear the fan going on and off. When it got quiet I would tell him to turn on and off the fan. Finally my dad showed up and by this time Kaden was crying. I guess he thought he was going to be suck in there forever! My dad got him out and we treated him with an ice pop!
In the midst of all of this, I laid Karsyn on the couch. Actually I had her propped up on a pillow while I was trying to rescue my child from the bathroom. It was a lack of better judgement to put her like that because she ended up leaning over the side and completely fell off the couch. All I heard was her screaming at the top of her lungs so I ran over to her and found her laying on her back on the floor. I am not a perfect mom but this has NEVER happened to me and now I feel like a HORRIBLE mom. I called the doctor immediately to see what I needed to check to make sure my baby didn't have a concussion. She cried for about 3 minutes and then realized sh was in my arms so she stopped and was back to being her cute talking and laughing self. I am still terrified that she will end up with a brain tumor or maybe if she knocked the wind out of her she might have gone without air too long and will have some type of brain damage! As of now though she seems okay.
To end my day, Kaden really hasn't napped today and I am still at this hour in the day trying to get him to take a nap. He was in his crib quiet for about 25-30 minutes around noonish but I don't think he really napped. This whole potty training and liking it is kind of biting me in the butt. He knows that will come check on him if he yells pee pee icky because I worry that he has taken off his diaper, so he is constantly yelling it and now he even goes as far as taking the diaper off. Now when I put him in his crib to take a nap, that's what he does and he is also refusing to let me put the diaper back on! He keeps wanting to go sit on the toilet!
At this point I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!
Kim! You are a WONDERFUL mother...never ever doubt that! If you ask, I'm sure every mother has a "story" or two to tell :) Next time we're together ask me about the "Ella and Crib" story. Don't beat yourself up, things happen. Look at the bright side, Kaden is actually interested in being potty trained...I am jealous!!! :) Love ya girl!
ReplyDelete